Saturday, September 27, 2008

Welcome to My Blog of Know-It-All-ness... and good grammar!

So here we go! Too many people come into the store and ask my opinion on all the books that have ever existed! (There are many) They'd like my candid thoughts on Superman:Red Son or whether Joss Whedon's Runaways issues lived up to the hype, or why they were collected in that stupid format? I mean, it's not big enough to fit with the big books and not small enough for the little ones... whatever, this is not the place for my rantings. Actually, it IS, isn't it? In fact, that's all you're going to get here.

I will post reviews on books, new and old, issues that I checked out and issues that I have with the industry, movies and random thoughts of a generally geeky nature. Now that doesn't mean I'll be posting Buffy fanfic crap or posting the latest rumors of Shia LeBuef's next movie. Instead, I'll try to post reviews and thoughts that may share different books or movies that you might not have known about, beef that I and many other fans may have with decisions made by industry professionals. (like Whedon's Runaways format, what a stupid and greedy ploy.) It would be my fondest hope that you would come to this blog to look for something new to read, or to be warned off of over-hyped crap that you were thinking about buying.

Some of the reviews I post will also be getting published over at www.thickonline.com a hip hop site, while other articles, such as this one will be written explicitly for this blog alone. I've read more than one man's share of comics and have seen more movies than than you could shake a stick at Lucas for Indy 4... wow, that sentence really got away from me! Trust me people, read my reasons and find out for yourself whether I know what I'm talking about or not. Then ask yourself, "Why wasn't I reading this before?"

No comments: